Good evening all!!!!
I thought I would start this blog off with a recipe just to get going. I will probably follow up with another post in the next few days introducing this blog a bit more and talking about why I have decided to start it. I will try and give a little introduction with each recipe and why I am trying it or where it has come from. Just skip down to the recipe if you just want to get to baking!
For now though, let me give you a nice easy start with a yummy recipe for some nice easy cookies!
The recipe for the basic peanut butter cookies comes form an old kids cooking book my mum had while I was growing up. I don’t remember the name. I think there might be one or two adaptations in the recipe that my mum or I have added over the years as well. If you leave out the butterscotch chips you get a really nice plain peanut butter cookie!
I made the plain ones last week and was eating one while digging around my baking shelf and spotted the butterscotch chips. It occurred to me that these might be really nice flavours to try together. So far it seems to have been a hit!
Butterscotch Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Oven temperature: 180 C
Makes c.32 cookies depending on size of dough balls.
For 32 cookies, each cookie is 117 calories!!!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbs peanut butter (I use smooth, but it is up to you)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup plain white flour
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips (you can skip over these to make really nice plain peanut butter cookies)
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl (I use a kitchen aid stand mixer, but a hand held electric mixer works as well).
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix again until combined.
- Mix in rest of ingredients.
- Roll dough into 1 inch round balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten balls with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and Ta Da!!!
There you have it! A nice simple and delicious recipe and the calories aren’t that bad either!